Although Pittsburgh offers entertaining and unforgettable shows year round, fall and winter are the perfect seasons to visit one of the city’s many theaters for a festive show.
Pittsburgh’s Cultural District, tucked conveniently downtown across the Allegheny River from Heinz Field and PNC Park, consists of six beautiful theaters: the August Wilson Center, the Benedum Center, the Byham Theater, Heinz Hall, the O’Reilly Theater, and the Cabaret at Theater Square.
Located just half an hour from Sherwood Oaks Retirement Community, the Cultural District is perfect for anyone looking to plan a fun-filled day or night out. There are many dining options and retail stores to walk to from the theaters, not to mention a selection of galleries filled with various genres of art.
Sherwood Oaks wants you to enjoy as many events as possible, so we make your trip to the Cultural District and other venues as simple as possible. In fact, we’ll pick you up and drop you off right at the door! We provide transportation to:
- Pittsburgh Symphony concerts at Heinz Hall
- Pops concerts at Heinz Hall
- Operas at Benedum Center
- City Theater in the Southside
- The Pittsburgh Speaker Series at Heinz Hall
- The Pittsburgh Public Theater at O’Reilly Theater
- River City Brass Band concerts at Carson Middle School in North Hills
- Pittsburgh Philharmonic concerts at North Hills Jr. High School
- The Pittsburgh Concert Chorale at Carnegie Hall and Ingomar United Methodist Church
So, which can’t–miss holiday shows and concerts are coming up this winter?
- A musical version of A Christmas Carol is coming to the Byham Theater, beginning December 6
- Also beginning December 6, The Nutcracker springs to life at the Benedum Center
- Elf makes its debut at the Benedum Center, beginning November 26
- And don’t forget to catch Christmas with the Rat Pack, starting on Christmas Eve
- Consol Energy Center will host the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on December 7, then Donny and Marie Osmond on December 12
Don’t forget that you can get entertainment at home with shows and concerts at Sherwood Oaks! Our next show is “Sammy Davis & Friends,” a Rat Pack tribute and comedy show on November 22, 2013 at 2 p.m.